Who They Are:
When you join our client, you join a team that keeps the global economy moving – literally.
They are recognized as an industry leader and the logistics partner to many highly recognizable international brands moving freight by land, sea, and air.
Your Part in It:
The client has great opportunities for business development professionals who are entrepreneurs that can thrive in fast-paced, and highly competitive environment. They are looking for the next Business Development Manager to join their growing team.
Utilizing your skills, you will be able to identify, pursue and close NEW business through various sales strategies. Our client is truly a one stop shop for our clients offering a wide variety of products including Air, Ocean, Warehousing, OTR (LTL,FTL). Additionally, you will be called upon to work collaboratively with a team of professionals to provide logistics and technology solutions for your clients. Nurturing positive relationships internally and externally is paramount to the success of the Business Development Manager.
- Develop NEW and prospective customers while maintaining existing accounts.
- Assist in the preparation and negotiation of bids, RFQ’s & quotations with customers, suppliers and overseas agents.
- Assist with sales campaigns and events in conjunction with local and overseas partners.
- Coordinate and attend sales visits both in the UK, and with overseas partners for aiding business development as needed.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory according to agreed market strategy.
- Joint sales visits with other sales professionals.
- Response and follow up sales inquiries and leads using appropriate methods.
Client and Supplier Management
- Client Management of allocated customers by using established tools to achieve and exceed targets.
- Facilitate onboarding process with appropriate internal teams and ensure proper SOP’s are in place.
- Weekly follow up with new clients after first shipments.
- Deployment of information about all contracts with customers and suppliers to all parties.
- Ensure that any client entertainment activities are carried out in a professional and responsible manner to ensure the strong reputation of the company.
- Ensure customer requests are completed in a timely manner and at the highest possible service level.
- Adhere to client service level agreements.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and what their competition is doing in the market.
- Provide regular reporting of sales activities.
- Attend meetings with UK sales team members.
- Attend trainings to further develop knowledge and skill sets.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Proven track record in sales in transportation/logistics (3PL preferred)
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office and applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tactfully relentless and disciplined
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Outgoing personality; high energy; flexible
- Great attitude and desire to work hard while having fun!
- Experience with C-suite is an asset
This is a full-time permanent position from Monday to Friday.